Sunday, August 12, 2007

Axis2 (or not)

This is a Keep In View topic

Encountered this new issue with my web service.
I am not familiar with the workings of web services, so ain't too sure if its supposed to behave this way.

I noted my web service's POJO running its constructor (no-args) everytime a client stub calls it. Somehow, the instance variables generated earlier are not being reused, and a new one is created.
Ain't sure whats really wrong.....will keep myself updated here.

[PS: The answer to this issue lies within session management. See comment for details.]

2 comments:

Davanum Srinivas (dims) said...

hi, please see http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/3620661

jax said...

I spent some time reading on this article and it debunked several 'myths' i had previously believed in web services.

Thank you so much for that link.